Monday, November 26, 2007

# 22 Audiobooks - I love them !

I have been told by my other half that I am bordering on obssesive about my love of audiobooks.One going in the car, another title on the cd player in the kitchen and the titles I download from my subscription to audible.com that I play on my iPod when I venture into the garden or elsewhere.What do you think ? Well now that I have fessed up I feel much better!!
So telling me that there are more places I can access them is really feeding my obssesion !
The World EBook fair site seems to contain mostly classics, not current or popular titles and at a later date I think I will revisit Thomas Hardy's "The Mayor of Casterbridge"
Until now I have never heard of Project Gutenburg and after Christmas I am going to spend time exploring, although the idea of computer generated voices doesn't excite me but I will give it a go.
We are noticing that more and more people are borrowing audiobooks for all sorts of reasons, failing eyesight, reps.use them on long car trips as do families going on holidays and many, just like me love to be able to do more than one thing at a time !
I often tell borrowers that I have solved the murder by the time I have finished ironing the 3rd shirt!!
Don't get me wrong nothing will replace the written word, the feel of the book in the hand, that tactile experience is second to none.

No comments: